Champorado Recipe: Chocolate Rice Porridge
Here is a simple recipe to recreate our favourite breakfast or merienda.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4
5-7 pieces of Tablea, depending on how chocolatey you want your meal to be. We recommend our Auro Tablea.
1 3/4 cups of sticky rice. You can use sushi rice or glutinous rice too!
6-8 cups of water, depending on how thick you want your Champorado to be
Milk of your choice - up to you to decide how much!
Sugar, as much as you prefer
- Boil water in a medium sized pot.
- When water is boiling, add the Tablea and stir. Make sure the Tablea melts completely.
- Add the rice. Make sure your heat is in low to medium and then make sure to keep stirring so that everything doesn’t stick together. The chocolate rice should be ready in about 20 minutes.
- Once everything is mixed and the rice has absorbed the water, transfer the Champorado in individual bowls.
- Add more milk and sugar, as you prefer.
Enjoy! Share your Champorado creations on Instagram. Don’t forget to tag us @kapedefilipina!